I blog gluten-free

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thank You- There Is So Much To Say...

When I am sad, I know I can count on something simple and sweet to snap me out of a funk, whether it be a simple "I saw this and thought of you" to reminding myself of my favorite Tolkien quote:

All that is gold does not glitter
Not all  those who wander are lost

The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken

A light from the shadows shall spring
RENEWED SHALL BE BLADE THAT WAS BROKEN (emphasis mine)
The crown-less again shall become king.

Every now and then I get caught up by too many gray areas, by the night suddenly falling on a beautiful day and turning chill.
Then, somehow, I know someone will surprise me... and show me that yes, humans do have good in them! All humans do, some actively choose to let the darker side take over them-therein lies our evildoers, who once faced a choice, and chose a dark road. (By "evildoers" I mean dictators, murderers, rapists, thieves, etc.)
I was blissfully surprised again tonight. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Melanie. I am touched deeply. You too reminded me of the Tolkien quote, many and many a month ago.



I asked God to take away my habit,
God said, No..
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole,
God said, No..
His spirit is whole, His body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience,
God said, No..
Patience is a byproduct to tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness,
God said, No..
I give you blessings, Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain,
God said, No..
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares..
and brings you closer to me

I asked God to make my Spirit grow,
God said, No..
You must grow on your own!
But I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God all things that I might enjoy life,
God said, No..
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things

I asked God to help me LOVE  others, as much as he loves me..
God said...
Ah..finally you have the idea.

And herein lies the ideas. To love, to forgive... to forget. To allow tears to fall as they may, allow them to water the seeds. With all of the things I have seen, I have seen far more good. I cannot let myself walk the darker path.
Thank you, from the very bottom of my heart, Melanie. For years, I've seen you grow, and thrive, and become more beautiful in looks, in deed, in heart.
Thank you, you helped to snap me out of a funk I almost got into. My blessings are many, and I am grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment