I blog gluten-free

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blessed and Beautiful Mothers

On this day, Mother's Day, there's a big call to relax (Cucumbers, check. Towels, check. Mani/ pedi? Check. Etc. etc. etc.)
Try to lay back and see the world through more innocent eyes... of bubble-bath beards,  and watching with dancing eyes as someone gave you sweets, and told you "Yes, this is all for you." Allow someone to pamper you- (Never easy for me, I'll start getting embarrassed and flustered and I never could sit still long!)
Life been stressful? Things didn't come out, or go as you meant them to? Brush off.

Lay back in hot, soapy water- try Yes to Carrotsbodywash/bath--- you'll feel and smell lovely, and the Dead Sea salts in it really do help without irritating skin- and let the world go by for a bit. Buy yourself a treat, too... even though I got spoiled, I like having a few little things that are "Me-Isms". Today, it was peach ice cream, which I save as something special.
Courtesy Life Magazine
For personal, non-commercial use, only

Most importantly, do call Mama. She did after all, go through a lot to bring you here.
(Hehe--- no, not a guilt-trip, not intentionally. I'm waiting for mine to get off work and driving myself nuts ticking off the time. ) Even if work delays happen, enjoy something together later.
Light some candles and have your own personal zen. I suggest the Tao of Pooh to further the Zen moment and make you smile.
Happy Mother's Day, whether it be to child, to pet, to plant, to pet rock. Be blessed.  
Remember always especially if it's getting crazy:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change those I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.-Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment