I blog gluten-free

Monday, May 9, 2011

I See Trees of Green...

As the sun sets, and the warm cross-breeze slowly chills, there is still beauty to be found... in bright yellow weeds masquerading as flowers in the bright, fresh, newborn grass, to feeling the earth beneath my sneakers, not slippery with ice and snow, or squelchy with mud, but feeling like earth should! Springy and firm beneath the rubber of my sneakers.
The trees, denuded so long, and having worn sharp icicles in their branches, bear bright and dun-colored, small and large, and oh so beautiful though dusky blue-black birds.
Spring brings re-birth and new promises. Warmth, sunlight, growth. Soon the smell of spices beneath my window. Time to grow, time to change for the better. Leave the mistakes where they belong... learn the lessons, don't wallow in the mud.
Time, hopefully to let my grief go to healing, while that leaves scars too, I remember how much Grandma loved the spring, how she hated people to be sad, and tried to keep them together.
Dad, too--- a genuine spring baby, whereas I was supposed to be his birthday gift, I had to come out a week before spring... but even though there was that 4 hours of labor in a blizzard, and the way it always works, a touch of warmth when I was finally brought home- I was his 37th birthday gift. He too, needed to bring things together, to enjoy the simple moments, life was dark and painful enough, why focus on the pain when you can gravitate towards healing?
Spring isn't about aging, or about grief... it can be a rather difficult season, of downpours and cold, and beautiful days of "Almost shorts weather, but not quite."
There is green and yellow to be found... and bright glorious blues!
The sunrises and sunsets are brighter pinks, peaches, yellows and oranges. And the clouds look fluffier.
Life is beautiful. Slather on the sunblock, and face the sun. One can only stay in the dark so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment