I blog gluten-free

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's the Hard Knock Life

It's the hard knock life, for us
It's the hard knock life, for us!
'Steada treated, we get tricked, 
'Steada kisses we get kicked
It's the hard-knock life!

Well, we could continue with that attitude, woe is me, take abuses in stride, take a slap with a smile, and say "We looooooove you, Miss Hannigan!"
We COULD. However...while life has never been easy for me... I can't let myself just lay down. I am far better than that, and prefer to keep a smile on while working to improve. I do not just "muddle through", I like to do something about things. Even if something isn't solved quite the way I intended (last month was a dance with that) it generally gets evened out. And why should I be gloomy and morose? I have a lot to live for! I have looked death, pain, fear, in the eye and said "Screw you!" My motto for life appears to be "Screw you, yes I can!"
I cannot change anyone, but myself. It is me I have a responsibility to and for. It is my reactions to life that I can control. G. says: "We cannot control what happens to us, but we CAN control what we do about it."
I'm going to hold up my head, quit looking over my shoulder, and I am going to be my tough little smart ass self.
And, I am actually grateful for my hard-knock life.

No comments:

Post a Comment