I blog gluten-free

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Promises to Keep

Lesson 1:
KISS. As in, Keep It Simple, Stupid.
You can learn a lot of lessons reading Plato into the wee hours of the morning. Hell, I learned a lot of lessons from Mein Kamfph... like, there are some books that even I can't get through. Not because I attempted to read it in the original German (Just as try as I might like, I wouldn't begin to understand The Inferno in 14th Century Italian.) It taught me that if something makes you that sick, it's ok to throw up...after you toss the book. You don't have to read every "classic" known to mankind. You don't have to like them. But, I can also pick up things from simpler sources. I once wrote a paper on what Dr. Seuss has taught me. I got the highest grade, and a notation "You didn't try to impress me with "Anna Karenina", although you've read that through in less than a day.  Instead, you attempted to see things like a child does." Sometimes, to really learn, it helps to get down on the floor and play, or use the mistakes and pains of life while you go back, and find the wisdom.
Lesson 2:
Take a cue from Robert Frost
"Whose woods these are, I think I know
His house is in the village, though
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake
The woods are lovely, dark and deep

But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep
_Stopping By the Woods On A Snowy Evening, Robert Frost.
Source- Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening
Also, TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED!
As you can see, I emphasized one particular stanza. Because I can't rest yet. As much as I'm told to. That's a lesson I'll have to learn before I teach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment