I blog gluten-free

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I See The Moon...

I see the moon, and the moon sees me
And the moon sees the one I want to see
God bless the moon
And God bless me
And God bless the one I want to see

I have always adored this little bit... it's another prayer I offer up, especially if it feels like dawn might never come- we all have those days!
People have looked at the moon as numerous things for many thousands of years- a gentle, feminine entity, (Apollo's twin, the virgin- goddess, and his exact opposite-Artemis, was the Roman face of the moon.) To the ruler of the tides, to a somewhat dark entity (The word "Lunatic" basically means "Moon Madness"- the Latin root for moon is "Luna"), that controls tides, cycles and minds.
I see it as something comforting... something to gaze up at as I lay in the dark... something to watch each month as it is "born" and moves through to "old age", into darkness and back.
So Goodnight, Moon. And God bless... Rest easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment