I blog gluten-free

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Peace, My Soul

I could not say this, any better myself. Christmas Day might be over, but that's just a partridge in a pear tree. There are 11 more days, and then we celebrate the day when wise men, who may not really have numbered three, just their gifts, visited a young Holy Child.
This, This sums up my views, my way of seeing the world. Why I do nothing religiously, not even religion (I chose to go to a late night mass with the Episcopalians for heavens sake, rather than my usual Catholic version.) There are usually so many "Do this, because you will go to hell if you do not, it must be this way, it is tradition, it is what is, and shall be..."s usually.
But: Then this gets delivered. Yes, yes, that's showing love to all mankind! Yes! That's it!
We clap hands and welcome the Peace of Christmas
We beckon this good season to wait a while with us
We, Baptist and Buddhist, Methodist and Muslim, say, "Come, peace."
Come and fill us and our world with your majesty.

We, the Jew and Jainist, the Catholic and Confucian, implore you to stay a while with us, so we may learn by your shimmering light, how to look beyond complexion and see community. It is Christmas time, a halting of hate time. On this platform of peace, we can create a language to translate to ourselves and to each other. At this Holy Instant, we celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ, into the great religions of the World.
We jubilate the precious advent of Trust. We shout with glorious tongues the coming of hope. All the earth's tribes loosen their voices to celebrate the promise of peace. We, Angels and Mortals, Believers and Non-Believers, look heavenward and speak the word aloud. "Peace." We look at our world and speak the word aloud: "Peace."
We look at each other, we look into ourselves:
And we say, without shyness, without apology, without hesitation:
Peace, My Brother.
Peace, My Sister.
Peace, My Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment