I blog gluten-free

Monday, December 6, 2010

Bubble Wrap, Baby Cakes, and Boxes


I’m a smart ass. I love cracking what could possibly be absolutely awful jokes about things I can’t control…see my earlier post & joke about snow plows… After my run in with one, and some ice, I seriously informed someone on the phone about snow plows ruling the night. Her husband, in passing, overheard, and cracked back “Yes, dear, be very careful. They carry switch blades and roam at night. It’s very sad, these roving gangs of snow plows isn’t it, Beth?” “Yes,” I replied. “I don’t know whose to blame.” He finished with, “Oh, I blame the schools.”
When I get a package, a big one, from USPS, with a good book and bubble wrap (And PINK bubble wrap, too!) I get so excited! I always have to put the bubble wrap away to work out frustration with later-and check out the book. But I’m really extremely excited by the packing material. Obviously, something I haven’t grown out of at 27!  I actually danced a little  and said, “I’ve got mail! I’ve got mail! Yay!” (I’m also a huge goofus, and a clumsy one, at that.) My mother still jokes that she’s buying me boxes and bubble wrap for Christmas. So far, she hasn’t kept that promise!
Yes, yes, something like that :) I'll escape being all grown up for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment