I blog gluten-free

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dear Bunny

Dear Little Bunny
I like you, you know. But like me, you're born to run free. We can't just sit and stay, little guy...with the beautiful sable fur and fluffy tail... we're trained to look for danger in the shadows. We run. I am human. You trust me too much. How do you know I won't hurt you? I'm clumsy, you know... I could trip on you if you're too close.
Run, you little shit. You break my heart when you give me those big eyes of yours, or sit quietly with me on an evening. Or sit on my foot. I wiggled and I couldn't shake you off. I want to trust, Bunny, I do... but I don't know if I'll ever quit taking your example. I love you, but you probably should be the wild bunny you are.
Just as I'll take another of your examples, when I'm ready. 'Til then, I won't go against my nature.
Mine is smaller than this. 

2 comments:

  1. So many times I should have been like a bunny and run away quick as I could...silly me, I'll learn someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean :) Someday, I do hope to trust, too... but I still have my little urge to hop when I need it.

    ReplyDelete