I blog gluten-free

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Christmachanukwanzasolsticekuh and A Happy Eid

Happy Christmachanukwanzasolsticekuh, and a  Happy Eid! There, my holiday greeting- I detest a general "Happy Holidays"... for all faiths and walks of life!
I am considering making an interfaith card for next year.
The front will show a little cat, wearing a striped dashiki...red, yellow, green, and black, a yarmulke and reindeer ears on its' head, and balancing the sun and moon above one paw, while carrying a copy of the Koran. The inside will read:
Happy Christmachanukwanzasolsticekuh, and a Happy Eid, to you and yours! Pull your head out of your bum, this is the season of Joy! Love, Beth. 
(XOXO...)
Happy Christmachanukwanzasolsticekuh, to You & Yours. <3
Ps. You don't have to give 'til it hurts. But show the frigging love. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I like your Christmas card idea! I think the whole feeling of Christmas has been lost under a blanket of political correctness. I mean, why would anyone get offended when you wish them Merry Christmas. Well wishes are just that, well wishes...and should be accepted with the intent that they were given, and returned in kind. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... Political correctness need not ever have come into this :( It always distressed me to hear so many "Oh, I don't celebrate that" s... especially at a time when stress is high and a simple greeting can be quite nice. So I took the example of one teacher of mine, and thought this up. It makes people laugh, which is a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete