I blog gluten-free

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hot Coals, Edition 1

We honestly can't, ever know a person's situation exactly. We can have absolutely similar, or seemingly, mirrored experiences. But the best I, or anyone else can do for a person is offer that shoulder, that ear (Yes, even me, who might end up more or less using the actions and facial expressions to actually understand you) the humor to help dry the tears, and a hand to hold while that person goes through hell. Sometimes, all you can do is let someone cry or be angry. These are human, and perfectly OK. I can say this: there have been times where no, the person really couldn't relate... but I'm grateful for the times I've been wrapped almost like a burrito in a blanket and held until I relaxed, or allowed to cry it out if I could... or offered something to hold onto while I walked the hot coals. If I'm needed, I'm here. If I can't help you, let me know that too. I'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment