I blog gluten-free

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Smile and Dance

Music is a healer, a back ground, a joy, a counter-point. It can make us laugh, or cry, or march (I always feel like getting up and dancing, no matter what, for Jean-Baptiste Lully's March For the Ceremonial Turk... it's so happy and bright, I've seen violinists playing it with closed eyes and a certain sweet smile I call the "Bliss Face".  A big bonus is if they stop towards the end to shout and then finish joyfully.)

Here are my favorites, with more being added. I'm always taking suggestions, from all across the board.

Radical Face: The Moon is Down
The Pogues: Turkish Song of the Damned (Name aside, it's pretty happy and boisterous.)
The Cure: Doing The Unstuck
Angels and Airwaves: Surrender
Hector Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique (Perfect for the car, but March to the Gallows and Dream of a Witches' Sabbath may shock you)
Ludwig Von Beethoven: Moonlight Sonata 
Taco: Puttin' on the Ritz
Johann Pachelbel: Canon in D Major (There's a particularly lovely one for piano and strings... I have two, that, and a basic piano solo.)
Jewel: Sometimes It Be That Way
Marilyn Monroe: Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend
---More to come. As you can see, I'm presently in between a baroque and a classical place (there's a cute gag about baroque and a hard place, but that's more of a physical joke than a written one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment