I blog gluten-free

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Felt Like A Woman Once. I Was Drunk & In Love (Being Silly)

Dearest Readers, I'd like to thank you for hanging in there!
I have behaved like a little snot lately. I also forgot how to lead into my blogs... yeesh! This is not good, most of my best English is written instead of spoken, otherwise, I'm afraid that I feel like I'm speaking an artificial language, and it shows!
-I do not do drama. If something is going on in my life, I choose to try to state it, in the least offensive way, and in the fewest words possible.
-This Christmas season, I managed to give myself hell, when I came across unsupportive people that ruined whatever joy I did have. But I tried.
-I have been mourning 4 deaths this year, and some rather nasty events that happened around the time of one death, that unfortunately linked them in my mind. I have also been mourning Aunt Marcia, Mom's best friend, who was stolen away by muscular dystrophy in November '09. It takes me a while to mourn, I am in the angry stage for many. The time of "WHY?!"
-I am best at helping others with issues- from listening when my family rants and fights and uses me as a quiet compass, and internalizing. I internalize a lot.
-I over think. This is very bad for me, and keeps me up.
-I made a lot of big resolutions this year... Lordy me... To work on myself, to not succumb to temptation, knowing that often it leads to a dangerous cycle with me. To not let others hurt me, to learn to say "when" and "no!" To check facts and figures, rather than find out, when I read the material, that the person who attempted to give it to me verbally screwed me up and that thus, I have done so to others.
- I made a rather silly and impossible one, too... to not say anything unintentionally dirty, as I am wont to do.
-In response to this, after reading something on cravings, particularly food, where people kept using a phrase I hate- "I feel like a pizza, I feel like a cookie" rather than, I want blah-blah-blah, I made this snappy comment on it all: "You know, I've never felt like a cheeseburger. I felt like a woman once, but I was drunk and in love. But, I've never  felt like I was a flame-broiled hamburger patty, topped with gooey cheese, pickles, ketchup, and stuffed between two buns. Actually, I have been stuffed between two buns, but I was in college and needed the money."
Read that as you wish.
-Well, here's to counting my blessings, being myself, snottiness, issues, from how I feel about my brain power and talents, to loving my family, all of them- to loving my friends- yup, all of them!- to finally learning, once and for all, that if help is offered, I need to learn to not let pride get in the way of shedding tears if needed, or talking it all out. I realize, if people care, they generally mean it. And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

3 comments:

  1. I felt like a pickle once, but that was an OD of vinegar & garlic. Yummy pickles... I love pickles... I want pickles... I wish that we had them in the house. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like a pickle once, but that was an OD of vinegar & garlic. Yummy pickles... I love pickles... I want pickles... I wish that we had them in the house. =)

    ReplyDelete