I blog gluten-free

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happily Running Amok

I had a big puzzle set before me. One piece offered me a "Eureka!" moment. I cannot allow myself to just be hurt because I see sadness around me. I can do something about it, when I am able. I can be "there" when I am not, but on occasion, must protect myself from flying blood and guts. "Renewed shall be blade that was broken"... I am a fighter, I've seen tragedy unfold a million times. One could say my being alive, and being "reasonably healthy" (although at present, due to natural illness and my own bloody stupidity 12 days ago, this is a very relative term!)
I cannot always help others. I can always be there, in some way. I am not perfect, and I cannot expect myself to be. I am unable to supersede my own humanity. If not capable of perfection, I am capable of progression.
I cannot allow the nasty things said to me, by people who chose to take frustration out on the "Sensitive quiet one" to color my opinion of myself. If I let them hurt me, this is my fault.
I must learn to, when I finally trust, to allow myself to get it all out when they offer an opportunity to do so. I've seen so much written that no one can have a lot of crazy things happen like they have, that some people just have victim mentalities. I chose to translate that as "They're right. No one will believe you." This was wrong, and I have held back a lot. I've said a lot, but I've held back, lied by omission, or told a half truth a million times, not emphasizing WHY something was done, but attempting to breezily change the subject.
I am feeling peaceful, in a way, although still sad... I haven't got the words, or the ability to organize them to say to those and I know many right now, who see themselves as bad, and yet, show grace and gentleness and humor, to people when they most need it.
There is not one person I write about... unless you count that I might make a composite out of people... and write this character.
But, it's the wee morning hours. It's dark and peaceful, and while I'm up and running amok- I felt sick enough today that I knew I had to rest or risk that I'd break my 5 year record of no seizures- turned into, yes, I'm being quiet, I am tired, I will rest my eyes for a moment... fade to black and snapping awake at 11:30PM saying "Oh, Shit!"
Hey... good news: I HAVE NOT HAD A SEIZURE FOR FIVE YEARS NOW! (the anniversary is June, really, but I'm choosing to celebrate that I can keep myself from doing so with low doses of meds and "rest when you need it". ---- so while I run amok, the rest of you, have a good sleep.
Look around you, friends
look inside of you
say peace, my brother
peace, my sister
Peace, my Soul.
If you stuck with me through this rambling, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment