I blog gluten-free

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Zombies

Hallowe'en is coming, and with that, a time to play with food. Since I like creepy--- (an Athena costume added in a realistic plastic spider to show Arachne, turned into a spider for daring to boast of her weaving exploits.) I thought I'd play with food. First, I came across this photo:














and thought--- oh, that better be red velvet. Since buttercream is stiff, all I have to do is pipe that out in zig-zags and voila! So, onto the test kitchen.
As for other things, still working on a sweet, fuzzy, Grover with hat treats. Pics and recipes to come.

The recipe I'll be tweaking is here: Spoonful Dot Com/ Brain Cupcakes

I can start with a gf yellow cake, add in a dash of cocoa powder and sugar to taste, and some red food coloring, (the lazy way). Let cool, then work in the dyed butter cream frosting, zig-zagged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment