I blog gluten-free

Saturday, October 13, 2012

I, Awkward Robot

Human beings use numerous codes to speak to each other... because--- well, being blunt can be a bad thing on occasion. (I'll still forever lose my capability to censor, but pray like hell it comes out as intended.)

-What are you thinking? can be answered many ways, some depending on gender. I know one male friend who had to honestly tell me he was surprised at how one backside fit into tight latex pants. To be fair, so was I.

On the whole, it depends for me--- "My God, how is that shade of day-glo purple possible?" "Should I toss caution to the wind and dye mine pink?" (I decided on "no" for me, but I still am fascinated by the purple.) However, I am thinking silver and gold foils for the holidays, something new and fun, a little extra surprise. Because I intend to play.

Mostly though.... it's "Holy hell! It's loud! Too loud! Coffee! Too much!" I can have all the grace of a malfunctioning robot when everything is too loud. It's part of having a personality that internalizes rather that uses the outside to recharge itself.
So, if you ask me what I'm thinking or what's wrong, it's probably that, and the "nothing" is likely my last-ditch effort towards avoiding my awkward robot.


Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
Drag and drop it, zip - unzip it,
Lock it, fill it, call it, find it,
View it, code it, jam - unlock it,
Surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it,
Cross it, crack it, switch - update it,
Name it, rate it, tune it, print it,
Scan it, send it, fax - rename it,
Touch it, bring it, Pay it, watch it,
Turn it, leave it, start - format it.

Technologic

_Technologic, Daft Punk

(Reminds me of the series of orders given in a baby robot alien voice during PT... it was creepy then, and it is creepy now. And yet, here and there, I still know and remember the song, and the game, which taught me hand motions and speed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment