I blog gluten-free

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where There Is Hatred, Let Me Sow Love

Saint Francis is one of my favorite saints. This might be no accident, but I choose to think the gentle patron saint of animals is just something that struck my fancy-fascinated me.
I do really hope I can follow this...


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Darlene. I have always adored, and counted on St. Francis as a huge inspiration. That, and this prayer seemed to stand out for me when I first saw it, many years ago. Why NOT try to live it?

    ReplyDelete