I blog gluten-free

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Uh-Oh- Spaghetti-Os!

The Doll House has a snobby test kitchen. Wheat? OUT! Rye- oh, you vixen- out! Spelt? Not so much.

Every kid and many adults (along with Free Tomato Soup my freshman year) love Spaghetti-Os...as a comfort food, a connection to the simple things.
I was just thinking about this when the delightful bloggers,The Gluten Free Mom @ Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom
did their own test. Simple, cheap, easy and comforting!
(Reminds me of lunches while Grandma taught me how to make the numbers I had trouble with out of cookie dough---we'd bake them and have pretty number cookies) and gossiped with me. (Ugh, that cousin David...to my dad "Tom, did I tell you about my date this weekend! He's so cute, and only 50! (She was hot to trot, my Grandma!) Ah, magical times :) and enjoy.
We can't just open cans, and heat them up.
Start basic:
(Miss Beth goes with a "Feel Rite and a basic grocery store. Whole Foods would be heaven.)

3 cans of tomato soup. The unconcentrated is sold in cartons (32oz)
1 can of water for canned soup
1 c. milk (Ommit with boxed soup)
use small kids' shapes from Tinkyada, like "Brown Rice Little Dreams"
6 oz of Velveeta Cheese- ADD IN VERY SLOWLY! If you put it in too fast, it'll be a mess.
Salt- to taste.

1) Cook pasta to package instructions.
2)heat/ and drain
3)Mix ingredients together and heat until cheese is melted.
Add small meatballs or hot dogs as chosen. Not celiacs say it's not as "sweet" as the Franco American version.
We can do better than this!
gross Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment