I blog gluten-free

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Busy Busy Bethy

I'm alive- thanks for thinking of me... I currently have about 800 notifications, etc...
I've been fighting my usual- might need another swing through with Macrobid, one of the best antibiotics I've had for my kidney. A more effective pill was offered, however, it is sulfa based, and like my dealings with ibuprofen, rather than helping, give rise to a condition politely referred to as "My hives have hives." (Not only am I hell on chefs, I am hell on doctors too.)
Lent is coming in less than a month- I think I'll enjoy a lovely "Shrove Tuesday", see about gluten-free paczki (Hey, it's tradition, damn it!) and I'm also looking up alternatives to "Fish fry"- not only am I not a fan of fish, but deep-frying also tends to be done with breading...and I don't want to spend every Friday during Lent subsisting on vegetables. Tuna steak? Maybe. Maybe. I'll incorporate, if I can, a group of good gluten free recipes for Lenten Observance into the They Call Us Mom blogs after running it through Mel and whatever editors I find.
I've been fighting- but sleeping a bit more regularly, still popping an Ambien here or there to avoid dreaming, as when you're sick, your usual nightmares become intensified, and sleep heals. But I find a lot of demons in the land of Nod too.
I am not necessarily "Giving Up for Lent" but rather, hope to "Give To". I'll repost my blog on that after my blog for Mardis Gras publishes. I set it to publish automatically.
Yes, I've been quiet... but I'm merely- huh, like this isn't ever over-used- sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I've had my spells of majorly worrying about everyone, figured it'd be best if I also took my own advice and actually worked on me.
I've had Lucy, Brit TV, the occasional heavy reading, music, and have been occasionally spending time outside. It was quite lovely, and I spent a bit of time outside with a book, a hooded sweatshirt and my sandals. If anything, the mild fresh air was lovely, and healing. Sorry if I've worried anyone, I'm nursing myself, so that I can be there for others. And working on decisions regarding faith and a possible new major, which I am loathe to announce until I am sure.
But... peace, my soul... I'm going to be just fine. If I'm needed, you know where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment