I blog gluten-free

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pimpage For "They Call Us Mom"

My friend Mel is starting up a community of sorts. I intend to help in the lines of grief- if needed... to support those who suffer grief along with the joys of parenthood, allergy information, and safe, gluten-free recipes, that taste good to all, and are not "just substitutes" (I myself cry when I see "food substitute"- no one should have to give up good food just because they can't have this, that, or that other thing! Rather, find good, simple ingredients we can enjoy!

This is my bio, and I intend to help as needed, first the major Pimpage!
Check out "They Call Us Mom", and please send ideas!
They Call Us Mom

My name is Beth. I am 28, (almost) and while I have had a lot of hard lumps in life, I am getting on my feet and working on me.
All the better to help me, my sweet child, and my numerous nieces and nephews.
I live with celiac disease, finally diagnosed after years of pain and malabsortion in October 2009.
This may have been a cause in 3 miscarriages and numerous "feminine" issues.
 To this day, I am still
growing and learning, tasting old foods made differently for the first time in years. I love food- even though I have had
issues with it. So I try to find ways to make it good, safe and fun!

I am an auntie to many, with one surviving child of my own,
 a sweet girl who will be five in May, named Lorelei. The very first true love
of my life!

I love to look at the moon and stars, read, write, test foods in an apartment I call the Doll House, hence, my recipes
come from the "Doll House Test Kitchen".
I support, among others, the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network. They have done so much for me, and others. I will be
delighted to walk when they come around again!

I educate on food allergies, and am a psychology major, although I am considering studying theology. This is something
I am doing a lot of hard thinking about. I am hearing impaired, although I can generally survive in the "normal" world,
and attempting to learn ASL while I research hearing aids, among other things. I am actually thrilled most of the time,
to live in two worlds, of disability, and of "normal"- I have seen so much good (and yes, some bad, but mostly good)- that
some might have easily missed. I am blessed. And I am grateful.

I love silly, and maybe dark humor and tend to have a lot of it.

To wrap this up, I am a goof, with no intention of changing that, who loves family, believes, if not in religion,
than in a living faith... and has a big desire to help others. I have fought, and grown, and will continue to do so.
I am delighted Melanie thought of me. She is a HUGE inspiration, and I am proud to count her as a friend, and now, a
collaborator.
Thank you, Pleased to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment