I blog gluten-free

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Seeing Past the Static

I'm not the type of person who is able to simply sit for hours in lotus position (however, I have found, I am actually capable of getting into the Lotus, which I was curious about.) ---ohhhhhhhhhhhhming.

In my talks with Reverend Jack, he's been teaching me how to focus--- to meditate. I use a combination method of my own. It's being fine-tuned a bit. I use a few tools. Insight Timer, a tool on my phone, my rosary bracelet, and many times Ben Lee's Song For the Divine Mother of the Universe- as the buzzing air around me as I try to focus past the problems, past the "static" (think of it like looking at snow or static on a TV screen, and look past it. I'm getting past doing a sort of odd, dead-eyed Thousand Yard Stare.).

I pray, no chanting. I simply take time for that recharging.
I'm getting there.

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity.-Outer Limits intro

No comments:

Post a Comment