I blog gluten-free

Thursday, November 8, 2012

L'Esprit D'Boudoir

Sarcasm saves. Without it, I'd have been a worse mess a long time ago. But it's a double-edged sword, like anything else.

The French have a nickname for a prickly situation---when you pass someone on the stairs and you come up with a smartassed remark when it's far too late to do anything about it. They call it, Le esprit d' escalier - the spirit of the staircase.

I have a somewhat similar situation, and a new entry for the Bethglish to English Dictionary.

L'esprit d'boudoir
That moment where, when you are sleepy, warm, happy and safe, and dozing off, to be rudely snapped awake by any of, but not limited to, the following factors:


  • Oh, my God, what did I say? Oh...God...
  • They say at the Acropolis where the Parthenon iiiiiiiiiiis...
  • Rabbits have two uterine horns, capable of giving birth to separate litters of kits days apart
  • Boudoirs aren't bedrooms, actually, as any Downton Abbey watcher will tell you. It's a private sitting room before the master bedroom.(Yes, that has cropped up.)
  • A sarcastic remark lost on a lot of people... (the Holy Wild Geese tale explains this)... after once again teaching someone to read a map... "So, have a goose, a goat and some ghostly knights shown up, yet?"
  • Notes for doctors. All of which I take pains to edit after a bad night. ...and so much more. I'm working on teaching myself to relax and focus while the rest is in turmoil... I figure I'll handle that better if I can. 

     It's a busy mind, but I'm trying to work on that whole focusing thing. So far, still using fake stars and a rosary bracelet, and a free app called Insight Timer... I'm hoping I get  there. I focus, I do the decade on the beads. I know this---I'm sure as hell not giving up. I've rebuilt so many times, laying down and accepting is just not in me. And now... to settle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment