I blog gluten-free

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Going About Country Business

Drama is a part of life. Just being born is drama...being squeezed, being pulled, poked, prodded, intubated if need be, scrubbed and briskly dried and swaddled and rolled down a long hallway. Seriously... do we NEED to bring drama to past times used to bring us away from the craziness that is this modern life? I almost reminded someone today, and thank goodness that I was otherwise distracted: "Fighting on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics..." insert Carlos Mencia "Dee-dee-dee!" here... and people really don't need your batshit-crazy imagination running wild. Particularly, fighting on a show about internet fighting. Do you see the craziness here? Do not bring your country business to something like that. We don't need to see it. Country business is a phrase from Hamlet, by the way- basically, if one goes to a gynecologist, one is taking care of country business.  To be less polite: Affairs pertaining to the cunt. It should be about as personal as that. In that vein, if someone has to defend themselves while you play stone blind and go about your crazy business... expect others to become ready to smack you, not them. You even play Grammar Nazi- and more-on me. Look, my English isn't perfect, true. However, I've read before I can talk, and can generally pick things up. Well, that and amusing non-sequiturs that I've pretended I didn't notice, assuming someone who actually is nice, must want something for it, and is therefore, as selfish as YOU. You don't see  anything unless YOU want to. Honey, I'm sure you could be quite likable, indeed- if you didn't play the part of asshole for pleasure. Some can pull it off...because you can see the humor and heart in it. Some... can't. You are not in the former category.
As someone who chooses to be herself, and to have fun, have friends, goof off, in spite of everything- I am going to tell you this:
1)This is not the quintessential life philosophy for me, but it is A philosophy for me:
"People can be unreasonable, illogical, self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you're kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you're successful, you'll win some false friends and some true enemies;Succeed anyway."So I forgive you. For me, It doesn't make any sense to hurt others for fun, or use ill health or personal issues as an excuse to be a bitch. You can't help it- so I feel sorry for you. Good luck. And may you someday learn how to love yourself- and the love of others will follow. You need to understand & love yourself before others can love you.
-Love, The Sunbeam

No comments:

Post a Comment