I blog gluten-free

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dance Like Nobody's Watching

One of my favorite, oft-framed and posted bits of "advice" was attributed to the ever cheerfully snotty Mark Twain:
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." 
Source:

Now that is great advice.
Dance like nobody's watching:
In my case, that involves bumping up a good song LOUD. I always like Don't Stop Believin' by Journey for this. Grabbing my hairbrush, and saying screw it, I don't care if I look graceful or not, or like I just went to a rave! So, as it goes, yes, I do dance in my underwear and use my hairbrush as a microphone.
Love like you've never been hurt
Ah-hah. A toughie here. Part of what makes us, us, is that we learn and grow, that all of us deal with pain and grief, and provided we fight and what not, and not sit and let our pain fester. I am still working on this part, but I'm getting better... I'll get back to you on this!
Sing like nobody's listening
Yup, just call me your little Disney song-bird. I'll chirp all day if you let me.
Live like it's heaven on earth
-Enjoy a beautiful sunset. I can look at, and occasionally snap a photo of, these as long as you'll let me. I also am extremely fond of water. Get me near the ocean, you might have to carry me to get me to leave! For me, these, and beautiful, music, with a good beat, good friends, and good food, are my heavens on earth. Find yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment