I blog gluten-free

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I apparently have been "changed", lately. I didn't really notice anything different, but I keep getting "What's happening to you? This is new, I like that." Even my polar-opposite, my brother, found the time to tell me, "Hey, keep it up. This is good." I suppose that I have been on a journey, and we do, naturally change and grow over time.
Dearest Brother of Mine: I remember what you wrote, when I was suffering from a broken pelvis and feeling pretty shitty for myself: "You're ok, BAMF. Just remember: look at yourself in the mirror every morning, and shout, even if it's just in your head, 'I am a bad-ass mother-fucker!' "
I will never not be "me"... the girl who accidentally says dirty things, who will occasionally need something explained that a 16 year old has known for years. But, watch me grow, watch me change. Try to keep up with me. And catch me, if you can.

Tolkien said this, and it sticks with me, every day:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
Stick with me, I've got a lot of work to do, and for the most part, I think I'll enjoy it. I leave you with the stylings of the Bloodhound Gang. ...The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment