I blog gluten-free

Friday, March 4, 2011

Moroccan Salmon With Calculations

Salmon is much-maligned in this household- I remember a few times I got served government canned salmon, all in the can with the Pepto- pink label, and all looking and smelling like something I wouldn't deign to feed a cat.
But a simple salmon steak is loverly, and I am in need of a good fish recipe. (Fish IS, after all, good for you, all those Omega-3s and what not)- and I liked the simplicity of this after I tweaked it for American measurements.
It's 3 ingredients, and I do know, I can tweak the rest as needed.
My thanks to the people at Listverse, who have alternately charmed and horrified me (The Edison recording of a castrato in the late 19th century comes to mind- a cat in heat sounds better.)

Ah--- marvelous... this is a "By Feel" recipe- as in, season to taste, and simplified. I can put away the fingers and pen-and-paper then.

Moroccan Salmon
Serves: 2 (HA!)
1)Place two salmon steaks on foil-lined baking sheet
2)Spray with macadamia nut oil spray. Hmmm... I think I may have to improvise a bit.
3)Coat thoroughly with Moroccan seasoning. This, I can find easily or mix together out of other spices.
Bake at 320 degrees Fahrenheit or 160 degrees Celsius.

This is going to be a hell of a busy kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment