I blog gluten-free

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How Dare You, "Uncle Larry"?

Really, Uncle Larry? How sick and disgusting can you be? These many months, I have tried, to simply treat you as I would any family- you were my mother's best-friend's husband. You are the father of a friend, the uncle of another... the grandfather of a child I babysat! You have said things that were inappropriate before. That I let slide. To be polite, not ruffle the feathers. I learned not to dress in a way that would show legs, figure, or cleavage around you. To be stiff. To be polite for the sake of being polite.  To forever head you off at the pass. You have a rep for being a weird but sweet old guy. You have sent messages asking me about things that I could not possibly begin to imagine. And a comment, where, I think you publicly asked- or told me- that you wanted "in my pants". It was either a wistful, perverted statement on your end, phrased badly, or else, an order to "wish" for your--- oh GOD! You are, I believe, at least old enough to have fathered me. You are also, married to the woman you had an affair with while Aunt Marcia suffered and felt bad because she was in too much pain, too immobile, to satisfy you. Her "friend" and "nurse", at that. She cried because she couldn't be a good wife to you! I'm angry, I'm frustrated... I can't delete you without questions I don't know answers to. I want to leave your comments up so it's not one-sided "He said/ She said"...
Because I've been damaged, because I've been divorced, I'm fair game?! Is that it? You can do what you want, who would question you? I'm the one who refuses "love"... who rejects relationships left right and center. I'm a dented tin can in a grocery store dumpster. But... I also want to protect your daughter/ niece/ grandson. From seeing you in a bad light. Your new wife... I don't know her well enough. But I would think she'd be pissed.
Uncle Larry...how DARE YOU. How dare you put me in this position. I'm terrified. I'm sick. I'd slap you if I could. You sick fucker. I consider-considered- you family. Now... I don't know what to do.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sick! Some men are without question, PIGS! Ugg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think at 28, I'd be immune to pedophiles. Being told that he wishes I was "younger"...after the "accidental" breast brushes, etc... (I always found a reason never to be alone with him)and all, it's all---intensely creepy. The fact that I have babysat, was friends with the late wife, and am friends with daughter, niece, step and grandson, among others--- just gave me a moment to shiver.I made it public, as he did, as a way to say "You can't hide anymore, sicko!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd think at 28, I'd be immune to pedophiles. Being told that he wishes I was "younger"...after the "accidental" breast brushes, etc... (I always found a reason never to be alone with him)and all, it's all---intensely creepy. The fact that I have babysat, was friends with the late wife, and am friends with daughter, niece, step and grandson, among others--- just gave me a moment to shiver.I made it public, as he did, as a way to say "You can't hide anymore, sicko!"

    ReplyDelete