I blog gluten-free

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Absolve Thee (Me)

I have been behaving in a hell of a warped way- I am better than this.
I let someone get to me... and blamed myself for their actions. I apologized for even daring to doubt them. I punished myself- allowed myself to break a huge promise to myself.

NO MORE!

Rene Descartes said,


I think, therefore, I am

I think- I can do better. I have passed through hell many a time. I can forgive me. I think- that I am strong, I am resilient. That I have much to offer, and can and will do so. I made a promise. And I will, hell or high-water, make it stick. For me. I will not punish myself, for the bad behavior of others. I will not distrust my gut, even when I think I could not possibly be seeing what I think I see, or that I must be hearing wrong, it is what I do, or that I must have water trapped in an ear.
So, Hi, Me. You screwed up. Ok, what now? Good morning, starshine. You have the will... and I forgive you, Me. Go and sin no more.

3 comments:

  1. To error is human. Sin is held up only in the eyes of God & He has forgiven.

    TRUST YOURSELF, girly. You are smart & capable. & possibly the only person that I know that puts her foot in her mouth more than I do mine.

    I LOVE YOU! Remember to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call that my "Foot in mouth disease". Chances are, I'll say what I think without a filter! But the alternative never did make a lick of sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call that my "Foot in mouth disease". Chances are, I'll say what I think without a filter! But the alternative never did make a lick of sense to me.

    ReplyDelete