I blog gluten-free

Monday, April 2, 2012

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

In stressful times, it's helpful to pull a Julie Andrews/ Pollyanna gambit. This does NOT mean dressing up as the Swiss Miss girl, or in an old curtain (I saw it in the window, and I couldn't resist!) - although, come to think of it, that COULD be fun... and serenading the Alps... (The hills are alive with the sound of mucus... with loogies they have hocked for a thousand years... 3rd grade flashback!) but focusing on the stress is not going to help you. If it's stress from illness, you're chasing your tail and not helping the original problem.

Don't do what I do... I have a tendency to avoid, to make myself so busy I get sicker...and when I finally have a chance to sit down... BAM!

Maybe, just maybe...
Take the time to do a Manic Movie Monday Night... grab a disparate collection of your favorites... ensuring nothing matches genre wise, and simply swaddle yourself, and curl up for a night of quiet enjoyment.

It's the little things that can mean a lot.
















1)The stars. Sometimes, I can be lulled to sleep watching the NASA channel. We get light pollution, so watching the stars is a toughie. But I'll find it where I can.

2)Planning a simple sea/ocean inspired remodel... simply because I cleaned to the blank walls...and the sea is... HOME.















3) David Bowie. I can't help it. He makes me smile.




4)Doing the unstuck. Nothing more to say. I can't resist a smile, no matter what.


5)Loving, and being loved by my special and adorable lil' motley crew of a family.
~Someday, I'll fly away...

No comments:

Post a Comment