I blog gluten-free

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fairytale of New York

They've got cars big as bars and rivers of gold, but the wind goes right through you, it's no place for the old.


Because my other favorite Pogues song, If I Should Fall From Grace With God is doing time in Subaru commercial hell (Great imagery, I had to laugh when I saw kids oh so happily playing hockey with such lyrics as If I should fall from grace with God, where no doctor can relieve me, if I'm buried 'neath the sod, still the angels won't receive me, let me go, boys, let me go boys, way down where the rivers all run dry- oh, my, yes, I always look back on my youth and think of rather fatalistic music, don't you?)
and it is the holiday season, the only Christmas song I know where the words "Slut, faggot, and cheap lousy maggot", not to mention, "arse". are used. Still, a very big, beautiful song. And yes, that is Matt Dillon playing a cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment