I blog gluten-free

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grant That I Seek Not To Be Consoled, But to Console

Because I want to learn to apply this... if I hope to be there, if I hope to live a life of helping, I must apply what I say to me. I love the gentle Saint Francis. The simple tale of the Patron Saint of Animals does something for me. I'll see if I cannot break this down, so that I can digest it.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.

I first have to remember, I am human. I am prone to mistakes. This is, that dreaded human condition.
Let me resolve to be peaceful. To offer stillness and calmness when others weather storms.
To be kind, even if others are not.
To heal, not to hurt.
To offer solid footing.
To be sunlight for others.
To wipe away tears as they fall. To maintain, above all, humility.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

Let me be honorable, and faithful, above all to what I believe.
I know there have been people who are there for me, let me be there for them.
I sometimes have trouble making myself understood, but I think I can try another angle, see if, in some way, things are made clear.
To remember to love, even if I am hurting.
I do not wish for much... but to see others happy...and truly blessed.
I need to remember to forgive.
And not stress out too much, after all, no one gets out of life alive... but... there has got to be something better than this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment