I blog gluten-free

Monday, May 21, 2012

Never Say Goodbye, Jackie Paper

May I learn to say no without guilt
Enjoy both the dry, baking heat and the sweet, soft coolness evening brings
Learn to enjoy, to smile, to laugh
To not forever need to be in motion
To be able to rest

May I learn how to handle sadness, anger... without guilt, without shame
To simply smile without fear

Dear God... I'm tired
I've had to say no,
Have had to say "Yes, I'm scared"... and hated it.
I hate knowing that right now, I am caught between needing to be good for, and strong for, and needing those for me.

I hate living in fear. We aren't given a spirit of fear
And I can do so much better than to let myself quake.

May I find,
One day, the clean, cold, salty waters
And warm up while tugging on a bit of salt water taffy.
May I learn to just be.

Let me not worry so much
Analyze so much
I forget to live.

Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have the first wish I wish tonight...

Let me never lose some wonder.
Always the hippie, I had a dragon much like this as my first toy. Named Puff, of course. Ah, Puff, how I miss you.
Jackie Paper never needs to stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment