I blog gluten-free

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Sixth Birthday, Lorelei Sarah!

Dear Lorelei,
6 years ago, on a rainy Tuesday, after 14 hours of labor, and Mommy finally undergoing a C-section, you came out at 10:48AM... spiky black hair, navy blue eyes (that have now become big, royal blue orbs that look purple in some lights)... 4 lbs 7 oz---with a cry that could shake window panes...  and the most gorgeous eyelashes I've ever seen. You'll never need Maybelline, darling!

Times have gotten strange, and I know there is darkness, but there is light and beauty too. Keep wondering, keep that sparkle in your eye. Don't stop asking "why?"

Among the favorite things that I'll cherish forever: when something was wonderful to you, your eyes got huge and you'd breathlessly say "Oooh, pretty!" or "Big, Big!" You were entranced for hours watching birds out the window, a mother deer and her fawn...even Dora the Explorer or Sesame Street could not have dragged you away!

Happy Birthday, my big marvelous 6 year old! I love you, I always have, I always will.
Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment