I blog gluten-free

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Love You, Me

How do I love thee? Shall I count the ways? Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely, more temperate...
My apologies to William Shakespeare.
This week, as of the 16th is Love Yourself Week. We can bash ourselves, and have done so a lot. What was I thinking? Was I, somehow, drunk throughout our marriage? (I wish.) But why? Tell yourself "I love you. It is what it is."
Can I find 30 things I love about myself? Can YOU (about you, that is.)? I throw the gauntlet.
1)I'm stubborn. While this gets me in trouble, it's saved my life LOADS of times.
2)I can crack myself up. I laugh at my antics constantly. And my clumsiness.
3)I can latch onto the most esoteric of ideas.
4)I can cook! I really prefer sweets, so I pamper myself, in small amounts. I deserve it.
5)I can read REALLY fast.
6)I cry at SPCA commercials. I find it charming. Others might not... my nose gets all red and I end up looking like a Muppet.
7)I'm a very modest girl.
8)I like that I'm a big goofball.
9)I'm a huge ball of mush sometimes.
10)I live for sarcasm.
11)I can occasionally get away with things that others can't. It's something to be careful with.
12)People come to me when they feel like they're sinking. Because they trust me.
13)People tell me anything. Including things I probably didn't need to know.And sometimes, they accidentally amuse me. "Beth, what do I do? I can't get rid of this hemorrhoid!" "Have you thought of divorce?" was my reply. They seemed twitchy and not the least bit amused. I thanked them for trusting me enough to tell me, however.
14). Getting kids' prices for movies? BONUS! (They don't need to know that I vaguely recall President Reagan's last term!)
15)Animals like me, and snuggle up to me, even those I've just met. I'm still attempting to figure out why cats look at you like you have three heads when you pop open a can of tuna. I mean it's not like I raided the Kibble.
16)Gee, my hair smells terrific.
17)I have cool looking fingers.
18)I have really good long-term memory. I can sometimes recall situations from 1987. And while it might be foggy, I can sometimes stimulate a more mature memory from someone else.
19)I have lovely cheekbones.
I've been pulling this in photos for a LONG time!
20)I'm wonderfully weird.
21)I'm pretty consistent.
22)I can be very good company.
23)I can make really awesome desserts. And I don't get "What's that weird taste?" I know that reaction... because I've given it to others. "What IS that?"
24)I've come a LONG way. I used to be an even bigger sissy than I am now.
25)I am FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made. And weirdly. And that's OK.
26)I am a pretty easy-going chick. (Note: Not EASY. Easy-GOING.)
27)I can sing. Unless I've been crying or have laryngitis.
28)I sing everything in the shower, from "I like big butts and I can't deny" to "Matchmaker, matchmaker.."-I make the difficulty of waking up so much more fun.
29)I'm willing to mock myself, but I always forgive myself.
30)I have a warped and filthy sense of humor.

2 comments:

  1. ok, it was Elizabeth Barret Browning, but don't let that bother you. I'm sure Shakespeare would be appalled as well. I like # 15 and let's see those fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, it was Elizabeth Barret Browning, but don't let that bother you. I'm sure Shakespeare would be appalled as well. I like # 15 and let's see those fingers.

    ReplyDelete