I blog gluten-free

Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, New Order

Making resolutions isn't going to happen for me, and I think that ship sailed.
But I am a creature of habit. I like order and routine, and am perpetually working on goals, ideas, and improvements.

*I will let myself off the hook when it comes down to toleration of the intolerable. Life is full of things that will make a person bite their tongue. But that's probably good... even if you're like me and have a tongue bearing teeth marks. But if someone says something racist or homophobic, "But I have X friends, so it's ok!" They'll swiftly become an ex friend, which is of course, completely different than an ex parrot. =)
I don't think tolerating that is essential.

*That I continually need to repeat everything and over-explain... has driven me nuts because then I repeat said behavior when unnecessary. It causes a nasty case of spluttering. I've got to find a way to get back to me.

*Reworking the skin care routine. It feels good, is good for me. I'll also work the routine for undereye circles... a perpetual annoyance. I fell off the wagon for a bit and feel less like myself.

*I will finally change insurance companies. I will quit gritting my teeth when having to explain the situation. "I have it, it sucks, and I am attempting to get it changed. But changing is different than GETTING it."

*I will quit grinding my teeth when people say "I'll talk for you"- and ensure that I speak for myself. People also tend to talk over me... I will continue to find an inappropriate thing that makes them stop.

This will be continuous, not automatic. Process. Progress.

This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's an ex- parrot.

Monty Python - Dead Parrot Sketch by beautifulcynic

No comments:

Post a Comment