I blog gluten-free

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Keep The Faith

Today, I am sad--- and feeling philosophical- I tend to when I feel a bit stuck. And well, I do.

Sadness is normal now in this world I'm afraid. There are liars, thieves, cheats and charletons, seemingly right outside the door, scratching to get in.
Disappointments- I've had those.

My faith in humanity is tested often...
I've got it! I think. There are some people with such sad little lives they live for the ire of others, because they themselves feel so rotten about themselves they have to hurt others. And when bad things happen, in order to feel control, they need to take responsibility, who cares if no one respects them, any press is good press. How's that for an estimate?


But it isn't all bad. The grass is still green, the sky is still blue. There are horrors... people who live to hurt others, people who think their opinion is all that counts and lord help you if you disagree...abusive personalities, people who, instead of asking, assume that they know everything.
But there are people who love others, and give kindness where they can. People who fight against God only knows what. In the suspicious world, there are still people, who strive not to be moral, good because they have to be, but because they want to be.
I'm not going to be good... I'm going to be good for something!

"Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something"_Henry David Thoreau

It's a frustrating world out there. I've been down, out, sick and scared enough.

I'm angered- too many cheats, and too many questions from the cheated that I can't answer- and I know, I irritated a few when I tried.

But please, when it's too much, when you just shouted: "Nothing ever gets done, nothing ever changes!" know- letting yourself stay in the dark, to wallow, will not help. If you have to, let someone be there for you. No one needs to go it alone. Sadness is natural, as is frustration... but it consuming you, its not natural or good. Where there is life, there is hope, always.
Nothing is ever perfect, and some imperfections make it better...
You are not alone. There is light in the world still. Keep the faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment