I blog gluten-free

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dear Champ

Dear Grandma,
It's been weird these past few months, Champ.
Lots has happened.
While we were cleaning out your room, I received a call letting me know that an apartment I'd put in for as a "I'll see, but I don't think it's going to happen, never hurts to try" thing called. I was accepted not 2 weeks after that. I keep wanting to call you and invite you over for coffee. (I've picked up the phone with that intent more than once.)
Grandma, it's been nuts here... I'm working on a lot of projects. I know, you always told me to try to sit still, but I can't.
I'm still reading up a storm. Thanks for all the books you bought me and indulging my love of reading, Champ.
I hope the family can stick together, but it's hard watching people go nuts. And not knowing what to do. But I'll try... I'll be me, love who I love, stick to friends, and eliminate the bad, just as I've been doing for years.
One of my favorite photos of us, taken in '06. 
I love you, Champ. For you, I'll be having that strawberry milkshake I promised you. I'm glad you liked the ones I brought or would ask hospital staff to bring you, even if it was a Boost shake in the Hospice Days. And for you, I'll learn to smile. Love you, Champ!
Happy 83'rd Birthday, Champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment